Emergency Services


How to get in touch

Suffolk Constabulary
Police Headquarters
Martlesham Heath

 By phone

 999 – In an emergency, always dial 999.  If a crime is in progress or if there is a threat to life, call immediately and you will receive an urgent response.

101 – For non-urgent police matters, dial 101.  The number is available 24/7 and is for reporting less-urgent crime, to speak with someone about an incident already reported, or to contact a specific police officer or member of staff.

If you are a Minicom user, call 01473 611160 (The minicom number is only for those with hearing difficulties)


 Website – visit  www.suffolk.police.ukto report a crime, to report a fraud and to find the answer to a huge range of policing questions. Safety advice can also be found online, along with contact details for our teams.

 Social Media

 Non-urgent messages can be sent to police via the Constabulary Facebook page – Suffolk Constabulary Official Page or via @SuffolkPolice on Twitter.  Following these accounts provides regular access to crime and policing updates.  These should not be used for requesting urgent police assistance.

 In person

 Police stations - Police station front counters at Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich and Lowestoft will be open from 9am-5pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm. Station clerks can assist with a range of policing queries and can take reports of crime.

 Local officers – Safer Neighbourhood Team officers spend time out and about in local communities and are available to speak about local issues.

 Non-police matters

 At times, the police are not the best agency to provide the support or help needed. The Constabulary should always be the first port of call when someone is in danger or a crime is in progress but alternative agencies should be contacted for issues including:

 Noisy neighbours: The police do not have any powers to prosecute for noise nuisance. The Environmental Health department of your local authority should be contacted unless a crime is in progress.

 Defective street lights: the local council has the responsibility for maintaining or repairing street lights.

 Rogue traders: Reports of rogue traders should be made to Trading Standards.  If you are aware of an incident in progress, or someone is in danger call police on 999.

 Lost or found dogs: Local councils have dog wardens who deal with lost or found dogs, call them for assistance and advice with these matters.

 Full information on the services provided by the Council can be found at  www.suffolk.gov.uk.


Fire Service



If a fire starts in your house, get out, stay out and call 999 and ask for the Fire and Rescue service.

Give the operator

 your full address

the details of the building on fire, eg a two storey house

details of anyone still trapped inside and the room they are in

If you've a non-emergency query email Fire.BusinessSupport@suffolk.gov.uk or call 01473 260588; 9am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4pm, Friday.

You can write to ;-

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
8 Russell Road


Ambulance Service


If someone is seriously ill or injured and there life is at risk you should dial 999 immediatly

To contact the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust and do not have a specific number to call, phone the Trustwide telephone number 0845 601 3733.

You can write to our Chair or Chief Executive at our head office address below:

East of England Ambulance Headquarters
Whiting Way